Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tricky Jackson Classic 2011

There are 16 weeks that I have to get my body ready for my first Figure Competition.
http://www.trickyjackson.com/tricky-jackson-classic/index.html.  I think this would be a good introductory competition for me to join before I hit the ripe old age of 40!

Diet:  I am not on an exact training diet.  I have read many websites especially on bodybduilding.com, Beverly International, and other various websites.  I already started on a super low carb diet, transitioned into the medium-low carb diet. I am a carb junky!!! Before this diet I ate sensibly but I would have the almost every other day carb junkout meal that usually hit at 3pm.  It would consist of a meal such as Stacy's pita chips and hummus, or Cheetos, or whatever cookies and boxed cereal I had in the pantry.  I would immediately put on at least 500 Cal in a single sitting, all of which was mostly processed carbohydrates.  The undersirable, insulinogenic, set myself up for a crash kind of meal.  

Now that is changed.  After much withdrawl from processed carbs (which included almost daily hypoglycemic events, headaches, and fatigued), I am now eating mostly if not all complex carbohydrates, and carbo's from vegetables.  We'll see how carb cycling goes.  I suspect this will be the next task when I meet with my trainer on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment